Sunday, October 25, 2009

British Beef Stew

I have been trying to find a great beef stew recipe, and came across many in my search, but nothing that was complete enough for me...so I picked and chose the parts I liked and made up my own.

British Beef Stew

1 Kg (about 2 lbs) Irish Casserole Beef
1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 c. beef broth
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. paprika
4 carrots, sliced
6 potatoes, diced
2 onions, chopped
1 cup frozen sweet peas

Place meat in crockpot.
Mix flour, salt, and pepper, and pour over meat.
Stir to coat meat.
Add remaining ingredients, except peas, and stir to mix well.
Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or on high 5-6 hours.
Add peas about 15 minutes before end.
Stir stew thoroughly before serving.


** for the beef broth, I use bullion cubes. I add an extra cube (usually 1 cube + 1 cup water = I cup broth) to the mix for a stronger flavor.

No comments: