Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Green Chile Pork Soup

In response to favorite pork recipe.

My husband's favorite recipe of his mom's was a pork green chile- but her recipe was too complicated and time consuming for my liking- so I started looking for a simpler one. I found one that I've since played with and present in its "perfected" form here. You can used chopped pork or stewing pork for a spur of the moment making- but the "pulled pork" is our favorite. My husband says it has even surpassed his mom's recipe.

1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1-2 tsp minced garlic
1 med onion chopped
1-2 Tbsp Olive oil

1 jar "El Pinto" Green Chile Sauce (I've tried several jarred green chile sauces/salsas and this is our favorite- it comes in mild, medium, and hot- all are good for whatever heat preference you have)
2 cans chicken broth (or equivalent homemade stock)
1 can black beans
1 can white beans
1 tsp. Cumin

1 lb pork. cooked in crock pot in water then drained and shredded.

Sautee first four ingredients until onions are clear and soft. Add second set of ingredients, bring to boil and let simmer 10 minutes. Add pork.

We always serve with tortilla chips (Tostitos gold), shredded cheddar cheese and a bit of sour cream.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Yum! I just made this last night for a chili cook-off for my ward and I won!! Thanks Jaime!